Saturday 26 March 2016

Freds Providence Ministries Recovery Story

Freds Providence Ministries Recovery Story was initially distributed to Our Master's Camp

The Fallacy of People Pleasing

In this video, Fred explains how he used to live to please others and prove his own sense of worth through accomplishments and financial success. In the end, he found that man cannot justify himself, only God can. He allowed Jesus to come into his heart and perceptions, and was able to develop a new and powerful view of his world.

This has allowed him to become far less judgmental and critical of others, which in part has helped him to receive God's message of forgiveness and salvation. Seeking to transform your life and soul while healing from drug and alcohol dependance? Visist us at OurMastersCamp.org Today, and Get a FREE Consultation.​ We provide men with an affordable option to traditional addiction care.

FRED: Providence Ministries Graduate

image"I was sitting in a jail cell from multiple DUIs over the last 15-18 years. I just prayed every day for God to show me and just give me a new start in life; Show me some sort of purpose for my life; To give me motivation and confidence… And to keep the patient."

Full Testimonial Transcripts Hi. My name is Fred. I’m from Chattanooga Tennessee. I just want to share with anyone out there a little bit about my life, my struggles, and my experience. I grew up in a very blessed family.

I have 2 parents and I was an only child. They gave me everything I needed growing up in life. The love and the support. Growing up I struggled with my own identity, I believe. I had expectations at a young age to excel in everything I did and tried my best as a child to make everyone proud and live up to their expectations. But somewhere along the way I kind of lost myself. Through losing myself I made bad decisions.

Throughout my life I made bad choices thinking that I would be okay and that no one was looking, and I was wrong. Those bad decisions and choices cost me a lot of time and hurt, and I let a lot of people down. Today Providence has helped me to humble myself. When I came into the program I just found that I wasn’t nowhere near as humble as I needed to be. I judge people before I got to know them. I looked at all the negative instead of the positive.

 When God works through me I’m a lot more patient, a lot more humble. Willing to learn. Willing to step out of myself, try new things. Not only for me but for my family. He has given me the sight to see opportunity and to jump on those opportunities when they present themselves. He put love back into my heart and I love myself today, and that’s a really great feeling because I feel like now I can give back that love honestly, and maybe help someone else out along the way.

 Anything is possible through Christ. He gave me life, and that was enough. It’s really up to me what I do with my life from here-on-out. It’s a choice, and were blessed to be able to choose. Anyone that comes to Providence Ministries with the true intentions of changing… it’s here for the taking. It’s not free. You have to apply yourself.

We can be taught something and never apply it, and it’s not worth anything. I was sitting in a jail cell from multiple DUIs over the last 15-18 years. I just prayed every day for God to show me and just give me a new start in life; Show me some sort of purpose for my life; To give me motivation and confidence… And to keep the patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment